Book Hippo

Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Forward

Well, this weekend our clocks go forward. I'm always happy at the end of winter, I like the sunlight to stay in the sky for a long while. sometimes I wish I lived in the Arctic so that I could have sunlight all day in the summer.

It is a pain to go to all the clocks in the apartment and change them, ever afterward they have their own times which do not agree. I plan to go out and walk more, possibly down by the river. I did not go there for a few years because men were attacking women on the path but it seems to have stopped.

What I do miss and will always miss, is the ocean, and not just any ocean but the Pacific ocean. The one I grew up by and swam in. One of my cousins lives in Ottawa now and he reminded me of the day when they were visiting us in White Rock. He'd never swum in an ocean. We led him in. Something swam by. "What's that?" he asked. "Oh, that's a shark." He ran for his life with us all laughing at him. Kids are brats.

I'm a guest a Kathy Riggs blog for the week. If you want to read it, here is the link:


http://ksrwriter.blogspot.com/2012/03/meet-museitup-author-madeleine.html 

Have a good spring guys. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment